Monday, October 10, 2011

Part 9: before/after

I'm happy to say... the inside of my house is  COMPLETE!!!  ..well almost... we ran out of stain for the bathroom and the business we bought it from will not order more until she gets a full order ready to place, so we are STILL waiting on that one... grrrr...
anyway... here's the pics:
Before:

After:  you can see where the outside wall stood- we kept it, and added a vaulted ceiling for family pictures.

Before:

After:  
(Henry is playing with cars and Ben is watching Two and a Half Men... if you were wondering)

Before:

After:  (Still working on a better idea than the white curtains)

Before:

After:  one of my favorite things Ben put into this addition are the inset picture shelves!!!  He even rigged them with electricity and rope lighting so they are lit up!

And some other random pics I didn't get before shots of:

Master Bedroom

Funny story- I come home from Vegas for my birthday and this TV is hanging in our bedroom.  Ben asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I told him hanging flower pots of the porch.  Hmm... hanging flower pots sound anything like wall mounted TV to anyone?!?!  haha, I love him anyhow :)  So, for HIS birthday, I bought him some hanging flower pots.  :-P

Standing in the new part of the house facing the old.  The dining room was our living room with nasty hunter green carpet.  This is much more current, and I absolutely LOVE it.  My cousin found the table at an antique store for me.  It was one of my summer projects.  Turned out just perfect.

The wall was cut out 1/2 way to make for a breakfast bar.

View from the kitchen.

View down the hall and of the stairwell.
The quilt hanging on the stairs wall is a quilt Ben's great-grandma made.  I love family heirlooms.  I love it when decorations actually mean something :)

This was a vinyl wall-cling I bought from UpperCase Living


Next post:  The porch

2 comments: